None of the injustices committed will be repared, but all of them will be forgotten. Milan Kundera.

Thursday 5 February 2009

Annoying questions, happy answers


Not that I really feel more appreciated since the day I entered my boss' office and said to him I was leaving... (and I did it really, because I've been offered a better job, and not because I'm tired and have decided to change my life). But it's somehow strange that everyday someone says: don't go...
I might say: Ok. I'm not leaving. I'm staying here.
It's simply not going to happen. I think it's been a long time since I last lived two complete years in some place.

In the mean time, the construction work in front of the office are getting me used to the desert sand.

But, this is, as ever, not the thing I wanted to write about. What I wanted to say is that everyone has a different way of addressing the incertitude of this world. There¡s one way that intrigues me specially: there's some people with the compulsion to clasify everything.
Putting everything inside boxes gives a lot of security. Things tend to behave in a similar way than likely things, and thus you can put them in the same class. Until somthing goes wrong, the boxes go to hell, and everything remains torn and burnt.
I do not like to put things into boxes, and I do have a positive tendency to nervousness whenever someone tries to clasiffy my life or its content. For example: are you in love? and, to a confusing; are you afraid of saying it aloud? the next answer is both angry and confusing.
I guess I have things to add to my "things that I don't like" list.
And this time, I have reasons:
- I don't like to classify what can't be classified because it tends to end up wrong.
- it doesn0t spare time
- it doesn't anwer questions, only generates more.

I stopped having milestones to achieve a long time ago: I don't have a path full with little stops: 1, buy a car, 2. buy a house, 3. get married, and smaller middlestops... There's no certain way of passing it good or bad, not a lot of things to fulfill as if life was a gimkana. Life is only about living it good, with dignity and being consequent.... and it will end one day, and you won't receive a prize depending on what you achieved.

Thus, I prefer to enjoy things as they come, not worryng much more than necessary to make them work... and now, completely unintentionally and in a vaguely uncomfortable way, I've just answered the million-dollar-question. Sometimes, even annoying questions have a purpose.

No comments: