None of the injustices committed will be repared, but all of them will be forgotten. Milan Kundera.

Tuesday 6 May 2008

Just one more instant


It is that very particular mix of gestures and moments, that very particular harmony that reaches everything. That half smile...
It is something you conceal and I'd like to know; it is always that big question reflected from behind your eyes, that stare as challenging me. It is always the same question, although maybe behind a different face.
It is borrowed manners, an imitated movement, is roar with laughter, like someone who trusts in his destiny, although he doesn't trust his own shadow.
It is wanting and not doing, not wanting and doing, wanting and not being able, or being able and just look back eyes like mirrors. Mirrors that reflect something different from me, but that attract me unavoidably.
I don't know if I want it to finish or not. I feel there's something perfect in this. And, at the same time, I feel there's something definitely sad and somthing more, that I cannot describe with words, as they become dry when I try to describe beautiful and ephemere things.
Gift me just one more instant, you know that I will not be attached to your glance like a butterfly in a spiderweb, because you know this cannot be, is easier to wait the storm to end... you know that someday I will forget your look and I will only remember that instants among shapeless clouds... But now, before the indefinite future that might never come, arrives, look at me, so I can fix you in my memory and think gently about your eyes while I myself half smile and stare back life.

No comments: