None of the injustices committed will be repared, but all of them will be forgotten. Milan Kundera.

Monday 19 May 2008

Time to catch the train


Millions of thoughts after seven weeks that have, one more time, changed my life.

I see the prints of the recent events in the daily things (a bill, a phone number dialed who knows when, a drawing in a paper napkin, explaining who knows what conspiracy theory, a notch in my cell, produced by a fall when I was trying to take that picture)... And, as I say to myself that life continues without us noticing that everything has a last time, the only words that come to my mind are Suzanne Vega's verses:

Oh, this rain it will continue
through the morning as I'm listening
to the bells of the cathedral...
and thinking of your voice,
and of the midnight picnic once upon a time,
before the rain began....
And I finish off my coffee
'cause it's time to catch the train.

No comments: