None of the injustices committed will be repared, but all of them will be forgotten. Milan Kundera.

Thursday 1 May 2008

How to prove oneself till an extreme.


The other day I was asked what kind of reason has a person to abandon a perfectly safe life and go to a place like Africa to work.
In that moment, I just gave a standard answer, but hours later, after having gone uo and adown a volcano (it always helps to resize things), I found my truly answer, at least by now.
There will probably be maniy answers, and I am sure that none of them includes functional people. Most people n this planet prefers to pass their lives as next as possible to the place where they were born. There's people dying and killing because of it every day, in many places of the world. Besides, teh are the rest, those who prefer to abandon the safe place where they were lucky enough to be born... not meaning that nothing could happen to them there, because trucks run over people the everytime and everywhere (however, lack of conditions in LDCs usually is directly related to higher probability of being run over by a truck, for example in Guatemala). However, all of this, don't misundertand me, has nothing to do with generosity, is far away from it. Indeed, I reckon is a very selfish. Maybe is the fear of go of this world without having seen anything real. Or worse, without the feeling of having seen something real, because you have seen it and don't realise.
Let's be honest. I always wanted to be Indiana Jones, not Bridget, and that is the reason because of which I came here; and I now I will continue to prove myself until the cold fear in the stomach be stronger than the satisfaction of having defeated it.
Because life is short but wide, and complicated, and is scary because is full of information gaps and hidden risks... You only need to resist five more minutes... Until resist five more minutes is no more bravery but insanity.

No comments: