None of the injustices committed will be repared, but all of them will be forgotten. Milan Kundera.

Wednesday 21 May 2008

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin


I wanted something to happen, and something happened. Of course, things never go as you plan them to go, but that is supposed to be the funny part (some day I might find it even funny). But teh fact is that I needed something to pull me out of the corner in which I was stranded. And something happened... a lot of things happened... a lot of things are happening...

These last eight weeks have been particularly intense, even for the Guatemalan life. I feel there are still loads of things to come, but I also feel I have done a lot of things by last time. The past and the future have crossed in an eternal instant, as a chance that almost took place...

Big periods not always start inmediately after others end; sometimes there is a grey and indefinite time of overlapping and change. Time in which things change size, strecht and shrink and take a new place in the life's constellation. Sonmetimes you just don't notice it, and others, just imagining changes to come, you make them never to become reality. Is the same as Christmas Eve, when you think you'll never fall asleep, and morning will never arrive, as it was a million years far away. And suddenly, you close your eyes and don't open them untill light filters through the window, and butterflies come to your stomach.
It has been a long time trying to fall asleep.
But I am awake now.
And I am not an issue to compensate anymore.

No comments: